31 Jan 2020
If you are enrolled in the tenth edition of the Andalucía Bike Race presented by Caja Rural Jaén, this article interests you. In less than a month, you will be enjoying the most prestigious marathon MTB stage race in Spain and the only UCI Hors Catégorie in Europe. It is important to have everything prepared to avoid any unforeseen events. In this article, we resolve the most frequent doubts and questions.
1. Can I take a motorhome to Andalucía Bike Race presented by Caja Rural?
In Andalucía Bike Race presented by Caja Rural Jaen, we don't have a space reserved for motorhomes. Paddock areas are exclusively reserved for teams/stores/clubs that contract a Paddock space to offer
However, in Jaén and Córdoba there are areas where you can park your motorhome:
In Jaén there are two areas where you can usually park your motorhomes:
- Terrace next to the Local Police and the fairground, in Avenida de Granada. For more information, the Local Police phone is 953276890 (right next to the Paddock).
- Renfe Parking, in 'Plaza Jaén por la Paz'. For more information, the phone of the Renfe Hostel is 953274614 (10 minutes by bike).
- The Historic Center Car Park (15 minutes by bike).
2. Can you park in the Paddock?
Only vehicles authorized by the organization and with the relevant badge may park inside the Paddock.
3. Do the stages start and finish in the same town?
Yes. Routes are circular, starting and finishing in the same town. However, in some stages, the starting point is a few minutes away. In this edition, the competition takes place in the provinces of Jaén and Córdoba (Andalucía, Spain).
4. Where is the location of the venues?
In Jaén, the official venue will be located in the La Salobreja Sports Complex, Ctra. La Guardia, s / n, 23003 Jaén.
In Córdoba, the official venue will be located in the Asomadilla Park: Calle Ingeniero Ruiz de Azúa, 14006, Córdoba.
Do you have any logistic doubts? More information here.
5. Which are the best places to stay during the test?
Participants can stay where they prefer. The organization has an agreement with Viajes El Corte Inglés to coordinate accommodation with different rates. Any other travel needs can also be hired through this travel agency.
You can check the hotels closest to the Paddock on the official website, in the "Accommodation" section.
- Check in: 02.24.2020
- Check out: 02.27.2020
- Check in: 02.27.2020
- Check out: 01.03.2020
6. Are there showers nearby?
The showers are located in a facility near the Paddock.
7. Can I participate only in one stage? And in two?
The registration to Andalucía Bike Race presented by Caja Rural Jaén includes the 6 stages and there is no possibility to register for single stages.
8. If I don't finish a stage, can I participate the next day?
Yes, you can, but you should know that you will be out of competition and therefore out of classification. You will have to start the stages from the last starting box and you won't receive a Finisher medal.
9. I don't arrive on time to pick up my start number. Can I pick up the start number on the starting day? Can a colleague pick my number?
Start numbers won't be delivered the same day of the competition, nor at other times. To collect it, you must bring the original ID and the UCI license in case of being federated.
A colleague can pick up your start number if you bring a photocopy of your documentation and authorization. The collection of numbers will be on February 24, in Jaén, from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
10. Where can I found the tracks of the stages?
Tracks will be published the day before each specific stage on Andalucía Bike Race presented by Caja Rural Jaén website.
11. I have already registered and now I would like to buy the jersey, the physiotherapy service or the mechanical service. How should I do it?
To produce the jerseys, Endura needs several weeks. For this reason, there is no longer the option to buy it online through us. However, we recommend you to contact them directly in case they still have an option to produce it: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mechanical service and physiotherapy:
You can hire the services via email, web or phone:
Phone: (+34) 654 17 85 71
The massage service can also be booked on this platform:
12. Which type of license is valid?
The only valid license is a national or international cycling license for competition, and it must be in force. Any other license, whether autonomous, cycle touring or other sport (triathlon, mountaineering, etc.) is not valid. You should verify it with your cycling federation.
If you are not federated or your license is not valid to participate in ABR, you must process the temporary license before picking up your start number. This license has an additional cost.
13. I have a foreign license, what else should I submit?
All participants with a foreign license, not issued by the Royal Spanish Cycling Federation (RFEC), must submit a written authorization from their national federation certifying that their insurance is valid in Spain. This document must be submitted to the Commissioners to withdraw the number.
14. Can I park my bike in all stages?
There is reserved, roofed and guarded space to leave the bicycle. Access restricted only to riders whose bracelet matches with the bicycle’s number to be removed.
15. How can I sign up for the team table?
There is a team table in which the best woman and the best two men are selected. The team must have a minimum of 3 people (one woman and two men), and a maximum of 5 (two women and three men). Each team member competes individually in their corresponding category. The team is not required to remain united.
Tell us what your team is: email@example.com
28 Feb 2020